How to use your phone’s messaging system to drive online payment adoption
Your business likely receives thousands of customer phone calls every year. With so many calls, it’s nearly impossible for front-line staff to answer all calls immediately. This means many of your customers will be listening to your on-hold messaging, making your phone system a potentially powerful marketing tool.
How to use your phone’s messaging system to drive online payment adoption:
Typically, businesses use on-hold messaging to greet the customer and occupy time until a representative can answer the phone call. While this is certainly better than nothing, this valuable time could be used for much more effective messaging.
Here are a few ways you can update your phone system’s messaging to increase your customers’ adoption of online payments and features:
- Redirect customers looking to make payments: Many customers calling your business are simply looking to make a payment. Let your phone’s messaging system guide them towards electronic payments instead.
- Example: To make a bill payment 24/7, please visit www.yourwebsite.com or call our automated payment system at 555-555-5555.
- Educate customers on the value of online payments: Some customers may need a bit of convincing to use the online payments or features available to them. Your phone’s messaging system can be a great tool to promote these services.
- Example: Save time by registering for online payments! Get started today at www.yourwebsite.com.
- Promote convenient online payment features: Encourage more customers to enroll in any under-utilized features (such as AutoPay, Pay by Text, or paperless billing) by promoting them with your phone’s on-hold messaging.
- Example: Never miss another payment by enrolling in AutoPay. Sign up today at www.yourwebsite.com.
To increase effectiveness, make sure you also add promotional communication to your after-hours messaging as well.
For more ideas on promotional statements that could be used in your phone system’s on-hold messaging, check out our Sample Bill Messages document located in our Marketing Resource Center. If you need access to our new Marketing Resource Center, please email us at [email protected].